According to recent Government reports, (and as often heard on the radio) borders reopening in Mauritius will be done in two phases. Currently, in progress, the 1st phase started from 15th of July and will continue till the 30th of September 2021.
Here is what you need to bear in mind during the ongoing 1st phase:
- Vaccinated guests can enjoy a holiday resort from the certified list of covid-19 safe hotels, relax on the beach and appreciate all hotel facilities.
- On your arrival day at the airport, a mandatory PCR test will be required. Then, depending on your length of stay, you will also need to undertake a PCR test on day 7 and day 14 of your stay.
- After a negative PCR test on day 14 of your stay, you will be free to go on an adventure.
For unvaccinated guests:
- They will have to book a quarantine stay from the official quarantine list of hotels. A compulsory quarantine of 14 days is required.
- A PCR test will be required on your arrival day, on day 7, and on day 14 of your stay.
- After a negative PCR test on day 14 of your stay, you will be able to move to new accommodation and freely explore the island.
While taking into consideration the evolution of phase 1, according to official reports phase 2 shall start as from October 1st 2021 and here are the safety measures to be respected:
- Mauritius island will be fully open to fully vaccinated travelers. However, presentation of a negative PCR test, taken 72 hours before departure.
- After the presentation of a negative PCR test, you will be allowed to enter the island without any restrictions, visit the island and try all attractions you want throughout your holiday.
- For unvaccinated guests, the steps to be followed for phase 2 are the same as phase 1.