Too ripe to eat and you don't know what to do with your leftover bananas? Here's a little trick, put them in the freezer and gather all the ingredients to make a banana cake. Those "too ripe" bananas will make your cake very moist, you'll just have to let them defrost before making the cake.
For a banana cake, you'll need:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 3 bananas small
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 50 ml milk
- 1/2 cup caster sugar or brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
Arm yourself with a loaf pan or muffin tins and a whisk and you should be good to start:
- Cream butter, sugar and vanilla.
- Add eggs separately, beating well.
- Mash bananas and add to mixture.
- Dissolve soda in milk and add flour and milk alternately.
- Bake in 2 greased tins or 1 large tin at 180C for 35-40 minutes or until cooked.
Great with both morning and afternoon coffee or tea. What are you exactly waiting to try it?!
This recipe is from bestrecipes.com