Photo Credits: bestrecipes.com
Whether its in ice-cream or a milkshake, vanilla is one of adored flavour (after the chocolate one, of course) of most people. So here it is at your doorstep, a super simple 4-ingredients foolproof recipe of a vanilla sponge cake!
The four ingredients you will need are:
- 4 eggs, separated
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 1 cup SR flour
- 2 tbsp boiling water
For a perfect vanilla spnge cake, you'll have to:
- Start by preheating oven to 170°C. Grease and line with parchment paper 2 sponge molds of 20 cm.
- Dip egg whites into to soft peaks and gradually add sugar, beat until thick and creamy. Beat in egg yolks and vanilla, and beat until mixture is well combined.
- Sift flour 3-4 times and gently fold into the egg mixture, then fold in water.
- Divide between cake tins, gently smooth to the edge and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the tops spring back to the touch.
- Cool in the tin for 5 minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool completely.