The Amazing Trail
When? From the 10th March to 25th March
Where? All around Mauritius!
Why this trail?
This year, the paradise island of Mauritius celebrates a key historical milestone – its 50th Independence Anniversary! What better way to celebrate than the opportunity to discover and rediscover some of the must-experience historical spots the island has to offer and get the chance to win some really cool prizes along the way? On the occasion, our team has put together the Amazing Trail to enable you to get to know more about the island and have some fun at the same time! Whether you’re a local explorer, a backpacker or simply wish to go on a family escapade, the Trail is open to ALL.
How does it work?
Get started NOW – it’s easy-peasy!
- Download the Discover (Mauritius) Mobile application for FREE on App store or Play store (if you haven't yet)
- Put your sneakers on, grab your smartphone and let’s get started for some fun-filled adventures across the island! Drag your friends along too – the more, the merrier!
- Once you’ve launched the Discover (Mauritius) Mobile App, get into The Amazing Trail section and you’ll avail of a list of 12 pre-selected historical spots you can easily discover through The Amazing Trail!
- As you approach each of those sites, the Mobile app will automatically detect your geo-location and not only will you receive a wide range of information about the Historical value of the location you are visiting but you will awarded one trail point per site! What’s a trail point, you ask? Trail points are scored on your Mobile App account every time you reach a distance of less than 50 metres from the pre-selected spots.
- What can you use them for? Once you reach a total of 10 trail points, you can easily redeem them for fun prizes such as entry tickets, free dinners, tours and many other activities we’ve put together just for YOU!
- Bonus: No need for any internet access at all – the app works offline!
- In case you would like to meet locals or immerse even more into the local culture, you can use our chat box to get in touch with Mauritians who share your passion for adventures as well as our team if needed!
What do we have in store for you?
The Chosen Trail spots around the island are:
- The Citadel
- The Blue Penny Museum
- The Aapravasi Ghat
- The Chateau de Labourdonnais
- L’Aventure du Sucre
- The SSR botanical Garden
- La Maison Eureka
- Le Domaine des Aubineaux (La route du thé)
- Martello Tower Museum
- Le Morne Brabant
- Vieux grand Port
- Bras d’Eau National Park
Proudly supported by: